Intensive course – July 2021
Ifpo organizes two intensive sessions in July: one on site in Amman (Jordan) and one online.
The courses are given in Arabic by Lebanese, Jordanian and Syrian teachers who are native speakers and have a solid experience of teaching Arabic as a foreign language.
Students are placed according to their level in small groups (6 to 10 persons) and receive 14 hours of classes per week for 4 weeks. This offer includes 4 hours of individual classes a week, and 10 hours of collective classes. On June 21 and 22, the students who have been accepted pass an oral exam in MSA and dialect.
Following the oral placement tests, the students are divided into three levels, each corresponding to one of the following three profiles:
- Profile 1 = advanced: between 400 and 600 hours of Arabic (MSA) at least (from 3 years of Arabic)
- Profile 2 = intermediate: between 250 and 400 hours of Arabic (MSA) (+/- 2 years of Arabic)
- Profile 3 = post beginner: between 150 and 250 hours of Arabic (+/- 1 year of Arabic/MSA)
Ifpo does not offer courses to beginners in literal Arabic (MSA).
- download the calendar for July session 2021 in Amman
- download the calendar for the online July session 2021
The collective courses will be distributed as follows:
|Grammar MSA||2 hours|
|Media (print and broadcast)||2 hours|
|Written expression||2 hours|
|Oral expression||2 hours|
|Oral expression||1 hour|
|Dialect/press/grammar/written expression/oral expression/modern literature/translation||3 hours (these courses can be mixed)|
Conditions for Applying
Candidates for the online Arabic courses must send their enrolment application no later than 10th June 2021 , by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
The file submitted must necessarily include:
- an applicant information form (download below) + 1 identity photograph scanned into 1 single PDF file.
- an Arabic written test (MSA) (to download below) and return as a single PDF file. The test is obligatory. Three levels of testing are available for download: you must download the one that corresponds to your profile (1, 2 or 3).
- download the application form
- download the Arabic language test
- Profil 1 : advanced level
- Profil 2 : intermediate level
- Profil 3: post – beginner level
It is fundamental that the test be carried out according to the formulated conditions: 3 hours, dictionary authorized. Attention, if the candidate fails to finish his test under the conditions of time (3h), he must send it as is.
|Incomplete applications will be refused|
The tuition for the Arabic intensive course amounts to 1 075 € (euros) and must be paid in full no later than 15th of June 2021.
The amount paid will not be refunded in case of withdrawal, except for medical or professional reasons (duly justified). If payment of the full registration fees is not made by the dates indicated, Ifpo authorizes you to cancel your registration.
Payments are made according to Ifpo payment terms specific to each country (please read the payment terms, available below for download). Bank transfer remains the simplest and fastest method of payment, the Ifpo bank account in France. You can download the Ifpo RIB (IBAN) below.